- 3 chicken breasts or a lg tray of boneless skinless thighs, cubed
- oil for frying
- Batter for chicken
- 4 tbsp red chilli sauce, sweet and spicy (I used a mix of Oleek and Thai Sweet Chilli)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or paprika
- 2 tsp vinegar, apple cider or white
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c corn starch + 1/4 c flour
- egg white
- 1/2 onion or 1 leek (white portion only), finely chopped
- 1/2 c finely chopped bell pepper, orange
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Sauce for chicken
- 4 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Dry cubed chicken on pieces of paper towel and put in a bowl.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Add the corn starch and flour to coat the chicken. Remove any excess starch / flour.
- Add the egg white a little at a time just to bind the flour to the chicken. You may also sprinkle a little water if need be. Chicken should be fairly dry.
- Heat a deep frying pan and add enough oil to have approx 1/8 – 1/4″ evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the chicken in batches…don’t crowd them. Remove them to paper towel to drain.
- While chicken is frying, mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- When the chicken is cooked, empty remaining oil and wipe out the residue in the frying pan with a paper towel. Careful not to burn yourself.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the frying pan. Fry 1-2 minutes to barely soften the veggies.
- Add the chicken into the frying pan and mix well. Fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and heat through…1-2 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Thanks to https://mywebsitehere.com