- 4 12 ounce cans of Black Cherry Pop
- 2 cups cherry jam or preserves
- 2/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 7.5 lbs of pork spareribs
- Boil Black Cherry pop in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 45 minutes. Stir in the rest of the ingredients (except ribs). Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 1/2 cups, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes. Transfer glaze to a large bowl (can be made 1 week ahead. Cover, chill. Bring to room temperature before using).
- Heat oven to 325. Line bottom of roasting pan with foil and place a rack in the pan. Cut the ribs into sections about 2 or 3 ribs each. Salt/pepper the ribs and back lid on for about 2 hours total.
- Cool ribs, pour off fat. (can for prepared 1 day in advance.) Keep covered and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before continuing).
- Prepare BBQ (medium-low heat). Set aside 1 cup of glaze. Add ribs to bowl with remaining glaze and toss to coat.
- Grill ribs until brown and glazed, turning to prevent burning, about 5 minutes total.
- Serve, passing glaze separately.
Thanks to WEBSITE for the recipe!