(10 to 12 minutes at 400F)
Use a greased baking sheet.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh cold coffee
- 2/3 cup raisins, plumped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Cream butter in a large bowl.
- Add sugar slowly and cream well.
- Beat in egg until the mixture is fluffy.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add coffee and mix well.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!