(12 to 15 minutes at 350F)
- 1 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup raisins, washed and drained
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup quick rolled oats
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, then blend well.
- Add flour, soda and salt and add a couple of drops of milk. Dough should be firm.
- Drop by spoonful onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet a couple of minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
- Store in air tight container.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!