Makes 3 jam jars
- 1 pkg fresh cranberries (3 cups, 340 g, 12 oz) or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water + juice from orange
- 1/3 cup sugar (or more to taste)
- 4 tbsp (or more) orange juice concentrate frozen (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp grated rind of orange
- 1/4 c Grand Marnier (or more to taste)
- Grate the rind from the orange.
- Put the cranberries in medium size pot on stove.
- Add water and juice from orange.
- Cook on medium heat until cranberries start to pop.
- Add sugar , frozen orange juice, and orange rind to the mixture and cook until soft. There should be lots of whole cranberries still.
- Turn off heat. Add Grand Marnier and leave on stove to cool. Taste test. The mixture should be somewhat sweet and tangy. Add sugar, frozen orange juice, or Grand Marnier until you get it to this state. Mixture will thicken a bit as cranberries finish cooking.
- Put into sterilized small jam jars. Can be frozen.
- Great with turkey or on ice cream!!
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!