Make meatballs ahead of time and freeze. Make sauce just before serving. Best if made a head a day or so and can be made in a crock pot.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
Spicy Black Bean Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced gingeroot
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste or hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- In bowl, beat egg with water, stir in bread crumbs, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix in beef. Form by tablespoon into balls.
- Arrange on greased rimmed baking sheets on racks (line with foil or spray for easier cleaning). Bake for 15 minutes or until brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For sauce, in very large pot, combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring for about 3 minutes or until thicken.
- Add meatballs, stirring to coat. Cook until hot.
- Transfer to service bowl, sprinkle with green onions.
Thanks to WEBSITE for the recipe!