A delicious, refreshing, and fancy mocktail to enjoy year round!
- 1 cup blueberries (or more)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Handful of mint
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add in blueberries and a bunch of mint and bring entire mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture sit on the stove to cool for at least 30 minutes. Smush the blueberries as much as possible. Let stand for an hour if possible.
- Strain the mixture into a mason jar, pressing the blueberries into the strainer so all the juices squeeze out. Refrigerate for up to 6 months.
- Fill your cup of choice with 1/4 blueberry simple syrup (or more for a sweeter mixture), 1/2 club soda, 1/4 ginger beer, splash of lime juice, and a few leaves of mint for garnish. Add some frozen blueberries as ice cubes! Adjust the amounts to taste.
Thanks to Devon for the recipe!