Move over Emeril!… you will never purchase Creole or Cajun seasoning again once you taste this one — I have searched for the longest time to find the best seasoning blend, this is it! — four tablespoons of seasoned salt will not be overly-salty if you prefer a more salty taste then add in some white salt — this makes a fair amount of seasoning, just store in a tightly-sealed glass jar in the refrigerator to use in ground beef recipes, soups, or stews, homemade pasta sauce recipes, or use it to season roasts, chickens, pork, beef, I use it on just about everything! If you like extreme spice then increase the cayenne up to 4-5 teaspoons. This makes a great gift for a spice-lover!
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep the spices fresh.
- Shake the jar before using.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper (or 2 use tablespoons black pepper)
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 4 -5 tablespoons seasoning salt (I use Hy’s seasoned salt for this but Lawry’s is good also! )
Pingback: Warm Mexican Bean Dip – Oliver Eats