A quick and easy party dip which is super healthy, freezable and counts towards your five-a-day – what more could you want?
- Fry the chopped onion in olive oil until soft. Add soft brown sugar, wine vinegar and Cajun seasoning. Cook for 1 min then add the mixed beans and chopped tomatoes with garlic. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened then season.
- Scatter handful grated cheddar onto tortilla chips. Microwave on High for 1 min until cheese has melted. Serve alongside the dip (top with some chopped avocado if you like). Make ahead and reheat dip before guests arrive.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 400g tin mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes, with garlic
- handful grated cheddar
- 100g tortilla chips
- serve with chopped avocado (optional)
Thanks to BBC Good Food for the recipe