(1 hour, 350F)
A delicious spicy twist on the classic meatloaf.
Onions may be substituted for green onions (scallions)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided into 1/3 cups
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 lbs spicy ground pork sausage
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, green onions and garlic until fragrant, about 5 more minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into vegetable mixture; cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Mix ground beef, sausage, vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, parsley, and eggs in a large bowl; form into a loaf and place in a rectangular baking pan with 2 inch high sides. Cover loaf with remaining 1/3 cup ketchup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160F (70C).
Thanks to All Recipes for the recipe!