(15 minutes, 375F)
Let me start by saying that I devised this recipe myself, and I just sort of added “this and that”. this recipe is VERY forgiving, so you can add or remove ingredients according to your taste!
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (4.5 oz) can of mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 oz) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in Spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Thanks to All Recipes for the recipe!