(1 hour, 325F)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 325F
- Soak dates in boiling water and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs well, add sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, blend together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to egg mixture with dates. Lastly add nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan or lined loaf pan and bake for 1 hour
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!