A spicy salsa mix, perfect for any party. Serve with chips to your guests!
- 12 cups of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pickling salt
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped fine
- 1 jar of Jalapeno peppers or Lebanese hot peppers
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp mustard seed
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup pickling vinegar
- 1/2 cup hot sause
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Wash jars in dishwasher
- Place on cookie sheet and put in hot oven
- Put lids and sealers in saucepan on stove in simmering water
- Place tomatoes in bowl of boiling water to loosen skins. Remove after 1-2 minutes and peel skins. Chop tomatoes into fine pieces
- In a large soup pot, bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer for at least 1 hour. Skim off foam and extra liquid.
- When the salsa is reduced to the thick consistency, fill jars ensuring that the edges are wiped clean so lids will seal properly. Leave screw caps on loosely until lids have snapped down then tighten.
- Leave jars on counter to cool and check that the lids have sealed properly.
- Store in a cool place.
- Any jars where the lid didn’t snap down, put in fridge and use within a month
Thanks to Eman Oliver for the recipe!