(10 minutes at 350F)
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 1 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soft molasses
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup quick rolled oats
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Cream Butter, add egg and molasses. Beat until combined.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Break off a piece of dough and roll into a small ball. Place balls on cookie sheet.
- Butter the bottom of a small glass and dip in sugar. Press each ball to 3/8″ (not too flat). Re-sugar the glass after each ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Leave on cookie sheet a couple of minutes before transferring to rack to cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!