(1 hour at 350F)
- 2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in nuts and dates.
- In another bowl, beat eggs well (by hand). Blend in milk, sugar, butter and vanilla with eggs.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once. Stir to mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 min. then remove.
- Continue to cool on a rack.
- Best if loaf is wrapped and allowed to stand 24 hours before slicing.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!