- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brandy for flaming
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water.
- Bring to boil and boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Blend in butter, vanilla, rum, and nutmeg.
- Set aside until ready to serve plum pudding.
- Should be served hot.
- To flame plum pudding, warm 1/3 c brandy just until it begins to vaporize.
- Sprinkle sugar over pudding so it will flame longer.
- Ignite brandy with long match and pour over pudding.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!