(30 minutes at 375F)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening / butter (1/2 of each)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c quick rolled oats (optional)
- 4 cup peeled, cored, sliced or chunked apples (Macs are a good choice)
- splash of lemon juice
- 2 tbsps sugar
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Prepare the apples.
- Mix the lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon on nutmeg with the apples. Arrange in a buttered baking dish.
- For the topping, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in shortening to make a crumbly mixture.
- Add quick oats and mix in.
- Sprinkle with topping and bake
- Can be frozen. Serve with whip cream or ice cream.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!