- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp gelatin, unflavoured
- 3/4 c macaroons, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with sugar and add gelatin. Add to melted butter and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened (6-8 min).
- Remove from heat.
- Add ½ c crushed macaroons and the Amaretto. Blend well. Cool and then refrigerate until mixture beings to set.
- Whip cream to soft peaks. Gently fold into Amaretto mixture. Spoon into serving bowl or individual parfait glasses.
- Chill until set, about 4 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with rest of crushed macaroons.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!