- 8 tbsp soft butter
- 3/4 cup lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 5 eggs
- Zest of 5 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- Melt butter in double boiler.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until light and foamy.
- Add to melted butter.
- Cook gently stirring constantly until mixture becomes a custard (about 8 min). Do not over cook.
- Remove custard from heat and stir in lime juice and zest.
- Cool to room temp.
- Beat chilled whipping cream until VERY stiff – almost butter.
- Stir custard into whipped cream just until incorporated.
- Chill 4 hours.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!