You can use fresh strawberries if you wish, or canned cherry pie filling.
- 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 + cup butter, melted
- 3 small eggs
- 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup sour cream
- Dash of salt
Strawberry Glaze Topping
- 2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Red food colouring
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients and press into bottom of pan and up the sides approximately 2 inches.
- Use back of metal spoon.
- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature or warmer by microwaving slightly.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and beat until just smooth. Do not overbeat.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake until set, about 45 min. The middle will still jiggle which is ok.
- Do not overcook. Filling should be soft.
- Cool then put on topping of choice.
- Chill thoroughly 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Crush 1 cup strawberries.
- Add water and cook 2 min.
- Sieve to remove seeds.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Slowly stir in hot berry mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add food colouring.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange remaining strawberries on top of cake.
- Spread glaze over cheesecake carefully.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Serve in small slices – very rich!
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!