(1/2 hour at 400F then 3-4 hours at 300F)
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Cut bread into 3/4“ cubes.
- Mix butter with cubes in large bowl.
- Put lard into frying pan and add some water.
- Add the onions and seasonings.
- Cook until tender.
- Mix with bread cubes and some sage.
- Stuff into breast cavity and neck cavity of chicken.
- Bake chicken until drumsticks test done.
- Do not under-cook.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!