Cook 15 – 20 mins at 350F
- Carrots, peeled and sliced, enough to cover bottom of casserole
- Kale, copped
- Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- Squash – spaghetti or butter nut
- Prosciutto, 2 slices chopped
- One head of cauliflower
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup flour
- Milk, 1-2 cups
- Seasonings – celery salt, minced onion, pepper medley, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Cherry tomatoes and chopped green onion
- Crackers and melted butter (I like Brettons Garden Vegetable best!)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Boil cut carrots until just barely soft.
- Drain and put in bottom of large flat bottom casserole dish.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Top with kale.
- Top with cheese sliced or grated.
- Cut squash in 1/2 lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Place upside down on plate and microwave until done (8 – 10 mins).
- Cut into cubes or spoonfuls (remove rind).
- Layer on top of cheese.
- Top with prosciutto.
- Sprinkle a small amount of minced onion and celery salt.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and boil until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Add enough flour to make a roux.
- Add milk a little at a time stirring well after each addition.
- Continue to add milk and cook until medium thickness.
- Add celery salt, garlic powder, and pepper medley to taste.
- Put the white sauce into a blender.
- Add cooked cauliflower and mix until you have a medium thick sauce.
- Add a little milk if too thick.
- Pour the cauliflower purée over top of the squash.
- Cook in the oven until bubbly.
- After cooking, top with either cherry tomatoes sliced in 1/2 and chopped green onion OR before cooking, crushed crackers in a zip lock bag with rolling pin.
- Melt a couple tablespoons of butter in microwave.
- Add to zip lock and mix well.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top and bake.
You can add or substitute other veggies such as broccoli, green beans, corn, etc.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!