Cook for 1/2 hr at 350F
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white quinoa
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup of frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup of shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Peel the squash and cut into 3/4″ cubes.
- Toss with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 – 25 min stirring occasionally until tender.
- May be made ahead and left at room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add quinoa. Cook for 12 mins.
- Drain and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Toss quinoa with squash, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Stir in cranberries, nuts, and parsley just a few minutes before serving either warm or at room temperature.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!