Fruit crumble oozing with syrupy goodness!
5 firm Anjou, Bosc or Forelle Pears
1/4 packed brown sugar
1/4 c diced crystalized ginger
1/2 tsp orange zest
3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
4 tsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c dulce de leche spread (jam isle at the store)
2/3 c large flake rolled oats
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tsp brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of ground ginger
1/3 c cold butter, cubed
Place your list items here
- Preheat Oven to 425
- Peel, core, chop the pears
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the filling
- Arrange the filling in a 9″ x 13″ oven proof pan
- Dollop 2 (or more) tbsp of the dulce de leche evenly over the top of the filling.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the topping ingredients, except the butter.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter into the topping mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Press together small amounts of topping and drop onto filling.
- Bake until the topping is lightly browned and the filling is bubbly…about 20 – 25 min.
- Turn the oven to broil and cook until the topping is golden brown..1 – 2 min.
- Serve warm with additional dulce de leche and ice cream.
Thanks to Style at Home Magazine Oct 2016 for the recipe!