A cold evening one pot wonder! Serve with rice or quinoa.
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed and cut into 2″ pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c chopped onion
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 c dried apricots, halved
- 2 c or more of chicken stock
- parsley for garnish
- Mix the cumin, ginger, coriander, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the mixture.
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium high.
- Add the chicken in small batches and cook until browned, about 2 min per side.
- Set the batches aside on a plate.
- Add the onions to the pot along with 2 tbsp of water.
- Cook stirring often, until the onions are soft, about 5 min.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to low temperature and simmer approx 20 – 25 min.
Thanks to Real Simple Magazine for the recipe!