A work in progress. Feel free to modify to suit your tastes.
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c milk
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 c. shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 12 baby bok choy
- 2 c beef broth
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 c green onion, chopped
- In a medium bowl, add the beef, crumbs, milk, garlic, and ginger. Mix with hands to combine.
- Roll into 1 1/2 ” balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the meat balls and brown all sides, cook through, 8 to 10 min. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook stirring often until they start to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, honey to the frying pan.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little bit of broth till smooth, then add to pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer until sauce is lightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and meat balls. Simmer until bok choy is soft, 1 -2 minutes, and meat balls warmed though.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onion.
- Serve over rice noodles or rice.
Thanks to Real Simple Magazine for basis of recipe!