Delish side dish!! Bake for 1 hour @ 400 / 425F
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1″ wedges (quantity is usually 1 potato per person)
- 1/2 cup or so of veggie stock
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 5 tbsp or more of fresh lemon juice (usually 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots or onions
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Mix the vinaigrette in a bowl large enough to hold the potatoes.
- If using thick skinned potatoes (russets), consider peeling them. If skins are thin, leave them on.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl. Gently stir to cover all of the potatoes with vinaigrette.
- Arrange the wedges pointy edge up in a large shallow casserole dish or baking sheet, 1 layer deep only.
- Pour veggie stock around edges of casserole dish. Should be less than 1/2″ in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle potatoes with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes until just tender and starting to brown, usually 45 mins to 1 hour
- Can be prepared 3 hours ahead and left at room temperature.
- Before serving, return the potatoes to the oven and heat until golden brown, about 15 minutes
Thanks to Jean Hamilton for the recipe!