Thanks for the original recipe (#1) to Jean Hamilton! This recipe can be made with 2 different fillings, depending on your taste.
2 Sheets of rolled puff pastry, thaw in fridge overnight
1 pkg (bag) of frozen chopped spinach, thaw in fridge overnight
- FILLING #1`(other ingredients)
- 1/4 c Dijon mustard
- 8 large slices of proscuitto
- 1/2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c grated parmessan cheese
- FILLING #2 (other ingredients)
- 1/2 c white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of dried dill
- 1 tsp celery salt
- dash of pepper medley
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 c crumbled Feta cheese
- Open the package of spinach and squeeze the water out of the spinach. Heat in a frying pan to remove as much water as possible otherwise pastry will be soggy.
- Working one sheet of puff pastry at a time, roll out to 10″ x 10″ square.
- FILLING #1 INSTRUCTIONS
- Spread pastry with 1/2 the mustard.
- Arrange 1/2 the proscuitto in a single layer over top.
- Arrange 1/2 the spinach over top the prosciutto.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over top.
- FILLING #2 INSTRUCTIONS
- Saute’ onion in oil in a frying pan till translucent.
- Add spinach and cook on low heat until mixture is quite dry.
- Remove from heat and add seasonings. Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle 1/2 spinach mixture on pastry followed by 1/2 of Feta cheese.
- REST OF INSTRUCTIONS
- Lightly brush the top border with water.
- Start at the bottom and roll up the pastry ensuring it seals well against the moistened edge.
- Repeat the filling with second piece of puff pastry.
- Wrap the rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm…at least 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- Remove plastic wrap from roll. Using a very sharp knife, cut roll into 1/2″ pieces. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden…about 12 – 15 minutes.
Thanks to WEBSITE for the recipe!