Thai red curry is full of flavour but less spicy than its green counterpart.
- 1/3 c unsalted cashews, toasted
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp of Thai red curry paste OR 3 tbsp (or more) of dried Silk Road Thai red curry powder plus 3 tbsp of Oyster sauce or Fish sauce
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 – 3 pkg of Udon noodles, cooked
- 1 large carrot julienned
- Thai basil leaves, chopped for garnish
- 3 lime leaves (optional)
- Toast cashews in a frying pan a few minutes. Remove, cool, and chop if desired.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, lime leaves, brown sugar, and salt.
- Get noodles ready. If fresh, soak in boiling water for 5 minutes. If dry, cook according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add bok choy and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and stir gently till warmed through…3-5 min.
- Serve in bowls with fresh chopped basil garnish.
Thanks to Canadian Living magazine for the recipe!