Bright and light!
- Romaine lettuce (or other leafy greens)
- 3/4 c of pecans, toasted lightly in a frying pan or in the oven
- 2 oranges, sliced or in segments
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 1/2 c or less of white sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, salt, onion, mustard, and water in a blender. Blend until well mixed. Make ahead and refrigerate until ready to toss the salad. This usually makes more dressing than you need so save the rest for salad the next day or for dipping fruit in.
- Put romaine in a bowl and add enough dressing to lightly coated the romaine. Toss well. Add orange segments for final toss. Sprinkle pecans on top and serve.
Thanks to Best of Bridge cook books.