It’s just so good
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, diced (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, (optional garnish)
- Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, red wine vinegar, brown and white sugar, 2 garlic cloves, and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened (Stu and I like to leave it a bit on the saucy side, but we are sauce people). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- Crumble ground turkey and garlic into the pan and cook until turkey is about half cooked. Add grated carrots and chopped broccoli and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and vegetable mixture and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes to combine the flavours.
- Serve over rice or noodles. Top with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: 1 cup teriyaki turkey with 1 cup white rice: 513kcal, 70g carbs, 26g protein, 12g fat.
Thanks to Yellow Bliss Road for the recipe!