So old I don’t know where I got it from!!
- English cucumber, thickly sliced then cut in quarters
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 lg orange or yellow pepper, cut in 1/2 ” chunks
- Red onion, coarsley chopped
- feta cheese cubed, (I buy Apelina as it is already cubed perfectly)
- Optional ingredients:
- 1 jar artichoke hearts, drained
- Kalmata olives (adds saltiness which I love)
- 1/2 c cooked radiatore pasta (cartwheel pasta)
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp fresh pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry parsley or fresh, chopped
- For the Salad ingredients, I like the ratio of 40% cucumber, 40% tomatoes, 20% peppers. Chop until you have the size of bowl you want filled and the mix you prefer.
- Add the red onion, enough to your liking
- Mix the Dressing (it will be thick) and pour over the salad. Gently mix. It is best to put the dressing on at least 1 hr before serving so flavors mingle.
- After the Dressing is on, sprinkle the cubed feta over top. I don’t like to mix the feta in as it tends to disintegrate. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Drain off the excess salad dressing if there are any leftovers as the salad will go soggy overnight.