Almost better than pumpkin pie…almost..and easier to serve!
- 1/2 c margarine (soft)
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 c oats
- 3/4 c flour
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese (soft)
- 1 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c Karo syrup (white corn syrup)
- 1 – 16 oz can of pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 13′ x 9′ pan
- Beat margarine till soft, add 1/3 c sugar.
- Mix in oats and flour.
- Spread mixture in pan and press down with spoon until even.
- Bake for 18 – 20 min then cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well for each.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake another 45-50 min until set.
- Cool completely on the counter and then chill in the fridge.
- Top with whipped cream (without sugar is good) either spread over entire pan or when served. Will keep several days in fridge.
Thanks to my friend Kathleen Barrett