A Christmas favourite but good any time of the year. A shallow dish works best and you might want to have some dressing on the side.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (or other greens), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch of spinach (or other greens), cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small package frozen peas
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 8 – 10 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled (save some for garnish)
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced OR finely chopped and sprinkled
- 1 1/2 – 2 c mayonnaise ( I use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 sour cream to cut the richness, plain yogurt instead of sour cream would be good too)
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a shallow dish (13″ x 9″ pyrex works good) layer in:
- egg slices or chopped
- Seal the top completely (no air gaps) with mayo combo
- Refrigerate up to 24 hrs in advance of serving
- Sprinkle some bacon on top, shredded cheddar for garnish before serving.
Thanks to Enjoy! Best of Bridge series of cook books