Add buns and you have dinner…done!
- PULLED PORK
- Boneless Pork Roast (cheap cut like butt)
- Club House Pulled Pork (Slow cooker pork) spice package (1 or 2 depending on size of roast)
- Each Spice package needs 1/2 c ketchup, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/3 c apple cider vinegar (or more…I found more makes the pulled pork better)
- green cabbage sliced very thin
- purple onion, chopped fine
- carrot, shredded (optional)
- Dressing for slaw: 1/3 c apple cider vinegar, 1 – 2 tbsp of brown sugar (dark preferred), 1 tsp salt / pepper, dash of red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, 1/4 c olive oil
- Put frozen roast in slow cooker early in morning. Needs 8 hours on low heat.
- Mix spice package(s) with ingredients and pour over roast.
- After 8 hours, pull out the roast and shred with forks, removing fatty amounts as you go.
- Remove the fat from the sauce in the slow cooker. Return sauce to slow cooker.
- Return meat to slow cooker. Heat on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to reduce liquid and thicken sauce.
- Pour dressing over cole slaw just before serving to keep slaw very crisp.
- Serve pulled pork with buns or wraps and slaw. Slaw can be on the side or included in the pulled pork bun.
Thanks to Jean Hamilton