- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups very strong beef broth
- 1- 28 ounces can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1- 28 ounces can whole Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar to taste if you have a sweeter ketchup you may not need it
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or similar herbs)
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni OR 2 cups dry macaroni to add in at the end
- salt and pepper as desired
- In a medium frying pan, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain the grease. Feel free to substitute the beef for anything else you might want.
- Add the broth, cans of chopped and whole tomatoes, Worcestershire, ketchup, brown sugar (if wanted) and Italian seasoning. Add more sugar and Worcestershire to taste if needed. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, either add the dry macaroni and let cook for 20-25 minutes OR add cooked macaroni. Let the macaroni heat through and serve!
Thanks to The Kitchen Magpie for the recipe!