This side dish is great with smoked meats such as brisket or ham. Quantity can be easily adjusted for a crowd.
- 2 cans pork n’ beans
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c yellow onion, diced
- 1 c mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 c bacon, fried and chopped
- 1/2 can of diced pineapple, or more to taste
- 4 tbsp yellow mustard, or more to taste
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp molasses, or more to taste
- Heat oven to 250F
- Mix all ingredients together in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Bake low and slow…for several hours…for best results. Stir occasionally.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for recipe!