This is a combination recipe of Million Dollar Bacon and Bacon and Brussel Sprouts.
It produces a lovely combination of sweet and spicy Brussel Sprouts with Crisp Bacon
Takes approximately 1:30h to make. Serves 6.
Million Dollar Bacon Ingredients
- 1 pound Bacon, Thick to Very Thick
(Ideally from a specialty store like Real Deal Meats or Freson Bros)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Parchment Paper
Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed\
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (fine or ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine Bacon glaze ingredients (Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes) in a small bowl.
- Mix the sugar and spices until well combined. The mixture will be moist but slightly lumpy
- Line a non stick pan with parchment paper
- Place Bacon over parchment paper. Lay bacon out in a single layer.
- Use a spoon to distribute the glaze onto the top layer of the bacon. The bottom layer will get coated as part of the baking process. The glaze should be evenly distributed on all pieces of bacon and all the glaze should be used up.
- Cook Bacon in the oven for 20 minutes. Cook until cooked through but not quite crisply. The bacon will continue cooking to a crispy texture with the Brussel Sprouts.
- Begin prep on the Brussel sprouts in the mean time.
- Rinse and trim the Brussel Sprouts. Then cut the Brussel Sprouts in half.
- In a bowl combine the Brussel Sprouts, Olive Oil, Maple Syrup, Sea Salt, Black Pepper.
- Stir until coated evenly
- Place Brussel Sprout mixture into a parchment lined pan ready to go into the oven.
- Remove the Bacon from the oven after 20 minutes of cooking.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400F
- Slice the Bacon into small pieces
- Distribute the Bacon pieces over the Brussel Sprouts
- Place the Bacon Brussel Sprouts back in the oven for 40 minutes at 400F.
- Stir the Brussel Sprout mixture after 20 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy