This is a Newfoundland recipe so westerners probably won’t like it….although it does taste good!
- In a 9″x13″ casserole dish, add these layers:
- sliced potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- sliced carrots, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- sliced rutabaga, parsnip or turnip, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- sliced yellow onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- 1/2 c- 1 c uncooked rice
- 1 can of green peas with juice (I know!)
- 1 can vegetable soup (water added)(yup…another I know!)
- Pork chops
- Heat oven to 350F
- Bake casserole for 1 1/2 hrs. Check peridically to make sure there is enough liquid…don’t let it dry out.
Thanks to Keith McGrath’s mother…Jane.