A hearty Vegetarian Lasagna that Serves 8 people.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts spaghetti sauce (your favorite homemade or jar spaghetti sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix carrots, oregano, and spaghetti sauce together.
- Mix Ricotta, spinach, and eggs together in separate bowl.
- Spread ½ cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles, ½ remaining sauce, ½ Ricotta mixture, ½ sliced zucchini, ½ sliced mushrooms, ½ Mozzarella, and ½ Parmesan.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes
Thanks to the Food.com for the recipe.