(25 minutes, 350F)
- 5 slices of day old bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup moist raisins
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk, scalded
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Toast bread and spread with all the butter while hot.
- Arrange toast in a buttered pan 6×13″. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Stir the salt and all but 2 tbsp of the sugar into the eggs. Add milk and stir to mix well.
- Pour over the toast and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Press toast lightly down into the mixture.
- Mix cinnamon with remaining 2 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle over top.
- Bake until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Approximately 25 minutes)
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!