(10 to 12 minutes, 375F)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts)
- Preheat Oven to 375F
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on to baking sheet and bake.
- Allow to cool 1 to 2 minutes before removing from pan.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!