(15 – 20 minutes at 350F)
- 1 lb puff pastry
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Thaw pastry dough in fridge overnight. Roll out pastry dough into a rectangle 20” x 24”.
- Sprinkle on half of cheese and press into dough with rolling pin. Fold dough in half crosswise and roll out again. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and press into dough.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1/3” strips. Twist ends until dough is in shape of corkscrew. Place on ungreased baking sheet so they are just touching each other to prevent untwisting.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 min. and then cut a part with sharp knife. Finish cooling and store in air tight container.
- Will keep for approx. 1 week. Makes 20 straws.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!