Goes well with asparagus and steak!
- Fresh asparagus or green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until the butter is a rich brown. This takes a few minutes.
- Combine yolks, mustard, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender.
- With the machine running, gradually add butter in a slow steady stream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Cook vegetables in beef broth or water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Serve with sauce immediately.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!