For mini tarts (20 – 25 minutes at 350F)
For regular tarts (15 minutes at 375F)
Use frozen tart shells. 1 1/2 times recipe will fill 50 mini tart shells. 1 recipe will fill 30 regulart tart shells.
Thaw shells about 10 min before filling
- frozen tart shells
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp. lemon flavouring
- 2 1/4 c currants, washed and soaked for a few minutes until soft
(Note: 1 pkg (500 g) of currants=3 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat Oven
- Beat egg (not very much), gradually add brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and lemon flavouring. Add melted butter. Continue beating till mixture is full of bubbles.
- Fold in washed currants .
- Drop by teaspoon into tart shells leaving about 1/4″ from top so they don’t overflow.
- Bake. Make sure the pastry is nicely browned on the edges.
Thanks to Pauline Oliver for the recipe!