(45 minutes to 350F)
- Pie Pastry
- 8″ x 13″ pan
- 2 cup currants, washed
- Butter, size of 1/2 egg
- 2 grated apples
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- line pan with pie pastry coming up the sides of the pan about 1”.
- Combine all ingredients in pan and cook for few minutes to combine flavours. Let cool before using.
- Add filling on top of base.
- Cover with pastry pinching the edges together. Use a fork to create a pattern on top.
- Bake until lightly browned about 45 minutes
- Sprinkle sugar on top while hot.
Thanks to Grandma Tocher for the recipe!