(25 to 30 minutes at 325F)
Do not use mixer
10” bundt pan, greased
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 pkg fast rising yeast (Note: must be fast rising yeast. Other types don’t work well.)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp orange flavour liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. Grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Grated orange rind
- 12-14 whole pecans
- Preheat Oven to 325F
- Put oven on at 200F for 1 minute then turn off. Leave oven light on. This provides warm place for dough to rise.
- Mix together all ingredients for filling and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine water and the 1 tsp of sugar. Stir until dissolved. Sprinkle yeast over water. Let stand till bubbly, while preparing dough.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add orange flavoured liqueur . Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender.
- Add egg / liqueur mixture to yeast mixture.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture. Stir together to form soft dough. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into 16” x 9” rectangle.
- Spread filling evenly onto dough. Roll up as for a jelly roll.
- Place ends together and pinch. Cut the ends with a sharp knife to even out.
- Put in a 10” bundt pan with sealed edge up. Bring ends together to form a circle and pinch ends to seal.
- Cover with cloth and let rise in warm place for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Bake (convection works best) for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan 15 min.
- Turn onto serving plate. Glaze wreath and garnish with pecans.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!