Makes 2 Dozen (if you don’t eat any while mixing it!!)
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 handfuls Rice Krispies, ( I prefer corn flakes, slightly crushed)
- 1 1/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips (or 4 squares of bakers chocolate)
- 1 tsp parrafin wax (found in the canning section or get some from Pam as she has lots!). The wax adds a shine to the chocolate when it is cool. Use a sharp knife to “peel” wax block.
- Cream butter and peanut butter in a bowl with metal spoon.
- Add icing sugar and using the back of a metal spoon, mash the icing sugar into the butter mixture until all absorbed.
- Add rice krispies or corn flakes and mix well.
- Roll into small balls, 1” diameter, “one bite” morsels. Put balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Put in fridge for 30 min.
- Melt chocolate and wax on low heat on stove. Stir frequently
- Using a small metal spoon, dip / roll the balls in chocolate till coated. Put back on parchment paper to cool.
- Store in covered container.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!