A lovely introduction
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar (like demerara)
- Less than 1 tsp cumin
- Less than 1 tsp paprika
- Less than 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Less than 1 tsp salt
- In electric frying pan, heat the oil, vinegar and sugar.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings and mix well.
- Cook over medium – low heat until the mixture becomes sticky…at least 5 min.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake until crunchy.
- Serve at room temperature.
Thanks to Sarah Richardson (2009) for the recipe!