Makes 3 Pies
- 1 lb lard at room temperature, cut into pieces
(LARD IS NOT THE SAME AS VEGETABLE SHORTENING)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 heaping tsp baking powder
- 2 level tsp salt
- 5 cup flour
- Pour boiling water over lard in a large bowl.
- Stir to melt the lard.
- Let mixture cool.
- Mix in remaining ingredients with a knife until moistened.
- Do not over stir.
- Place mixture equally onto 3 large pieces of wax paper and wrap.
- Store in fridge overnight or freeze.
- If frozen, leave in fridge overnight to thaw before using.
Thanks to Pam Alloway for the recipe!